The 15-inch Gold Dredge
Each dredge is designed and custom-built to adapt to your individual property needs.
15-inch Dredge Specifications
|WATER:||8,000 GPM (Can be recirculated)|
|COST:||Starting at $8 million USD|
|POWER PLANT:||750 KW Onan Cummins Diesel Generator powering an electric motor-driven Pioneer water pump capable of 8,000 GPM.|
- Four men per shift can operate
- Powered by Cummins diesel gen-set 750KW:
- 200 psi water pump
- 750 KW 3-phase, 220/110-volt generator
- EPA friendly due to the lack of hydraulic systems
- Centrally-located electrical & air-generated controls
- Designed to operate on a river or pond.
- Needs at least three feet of water to start operating
How it works
The 15” dredge handles an average of 400 cubic yards of material per hour, or 9,600 yards per day. The unit digs by sucking water and gravel through a 15-inch pipe. A unique “Jet Principle” moves the material without use of a sand pump. The water and gangue material are dumped into a flume and washed over a grizzly.
The sand and mineral particles are fed into the concentrator. The gangue goes to tailings. Upon completion of the cycle, the mineral particles are concentrated at a minimum ratio of 2,000 to 1.
At this rate, the concentrate contains over $5,000 per ton in gold.